We kindly invite you to participate in the VIIth International Congress «Current trends of modern cardiothoracic surgery» which will be held on June 15-17, 2017 in St.Petersburg.
We are ready to welcome world leading russian and foreign cardiac and thoracic surgeons, anaesthetists, endoscopists, pulmonary medicine specialists, thoracic oncologists, TB surgeons and nurses.
Venue: Hotel Crowne Plaza Airport (str. Startovaya, 6A).
The Congress is supported by the Russian Ministry of Health, the Government of St.Petersburg, St.Petersburg State University, St.Petersburg Research Institute of Phthisiopulmonology, Pirogov’s Surgical Society, Federal Almazov North-West Medical Research Centre, Russian Association of Thoracic Surgeons, National Association of TB specialists, Research Institute of Circulation Pathology named by E. Meshalkin (Novosibirsk), European Society of Thoracic Surgery (ESTS) and Hannover Medical School (MHH).
The program will be composed of the presentations devoted to the treatment of common pulmonary and esophageal diseases, incl. rare unusual cases, cardiothoracic (heart and lung) surgery, heart and blood vessel diseases, risk assessment in cardiothoracic surgery. The main issues will concern the chest organ transplantation, anesthesiological support and modern imaging methods in cardiothoracic surgery.
The topics of special interest are:
- Modern strategies for chronic pulmonary hypertension
- Injuries and diseases of the esophagus
- Complicated resections of the trachea and laryngotracheal stenosis (symposium in memory of Prof. Levashov)
- Unusual causes of pneumothorax and lung volume reduction treatment
- Contentious and unresolved issues of pulmonary cancer treatment
- Criteria of functional operability in thoracic surgery
- The value of technological novelties in thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive cardiac and thoracic surgery
- Total arterial revascularization vs traditional CABG. CABG and simultaneous brachiocephalic arteries reconstruction
- Hybrid aortic surgery
- Mechanical circulatory support for advanced heart failure
- Surgical repair of chest wall deformities
- Surgery of infectious pulmonary diseases and tuberculosis
- Modern approaches to aortic valve repair or replacement
- Re-Do cardiac surgery
- Hybrid approach to atrial fibrillation treatment
Plenary lectures of the Congress will be dedicated to the history of the first human heart transplantation and Ross procedure. These epoch-making events opened a new era in surgical history and proved that there is no unsolvable task for a cardiothoracic surgeon nowadays.
We are happy to announce our first Medical Video Festival.
You will get a chance to attend master-classes and schools of ESTS, training on practical skills using animals organs, scientific symposiums, round tables and poster sessions.
The Organizing Committee invites you to participate in the VIIth International Congress «Current trends of modern cardiothoracic surgery». Abstract submission deadline is May 15, 2017 and is available during the registration on the website.